Monday, February 27, 2023

This Is How They Do It in Tennessee (and in Hudson)

This morning I watched the driver of the wide-ass red pickup truck with Tennessee license plates drive onto the sidewalk and back into his sidewalk parking space in front of 64 N. 6th, where I had spotted him last week and posted about.  As last week and always, there was ample off-street parking available behind the building this morning.

I asked the driver why he felt the need to park on the sidewalk.  He gave me two reasons:  His truck was too wide to park on the street and "they" told him to park on the sidewalk.

 "Really," I asked, "who is they, the city?"  

He replied "Yes," pointing toward City Hall, and added "the city and the church."  

"What department at City Hall," I asked.  

"I don't remember," was all he could come up with and he walked up the front stairs to begin his contracting work inside the suspicious "church" which I posted about on the 18th. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Dollar Bail? Why Even F'n Bother?

Does trespassing count as "time served"? Before Michael Madison was led out of Hudson City Court on Thursday to return to the coun...