Friday, July 31, 2026

You'd Think That Shop Rite Would Know The Drill By Now!

Yesterday afternoon, I first saw the Shop Rite 18-wheeler headed west in the 500 block of State Street, among the five blocks of State between Green and 3rd that compromise what is known around these parts as the Easily Accessible Truck Route Alternative that HPD, mayor Ferris, Rob Perry, Jason Foster, and Margaret Morris are all fine with.

I was expecting the truck to turn onto 3rd, but it didn't get that far west.

When tractor trailers turn off of State to head south on 5th (it happens more than any one person thinks it does), it typically means one of two things. Either the driver is headed to Columbia to get out of town to the RVW bridge or to Warren to make a delivery (possibly from an alley).  Anything else makes no sense and the driver should be pulled over to be given a sobriety test.

Okay, not Columbia!  

Holy shit, this guy is really lost! And I am wrong again!

East on Union?

Had I waited one more second to take the following picture, you would see that the light was red.  The green light didn't appear for at least another 5 seconds after I took the picture and the rig was well on its way EAST ON UNION.  Notice the wheels rolling over the pedestrian curb ramp as it tilts the trailer.

The rig eventually went past 7th and onto Worth Avenue. 
I did not see which way it turned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Here Are The Facts and Pictures. You Be The Judge.

  Here are a few recent historical facts. On at least two occasions in the past 12 years, a common council member has made a request of DPW ...