Friday, August 7, 2026

I Don't Know About You ...

... but I keep can't keep from wetting my pants in anticipation of the long overdue improvements coming to the 7th Street Park!  I'm telling you, it's going to be a TOTALLY AWESOME PARK ONCE AGAIN!  You watch!  (And wait.  And wait.  And WAIT some more!)

The blue with white text A-frame business sign very conspicuously located next to (practically on!) the entrance to the southwest corner of the park appeared at least 4 weeks ago.  For 24 hours a day it has been trying to lure passers-by to a new cafe located closer to the opposite corner of the park, two blocks away.  Even when the cafe is closed and in the dark.  The funny thing is that during the Code Enforcement portion of Monday's meeting of the so-called SAFETY Committee, our new head Code Enforcement Officer, Nick Fox, who is still familiarizing himself with our ancient and obsolete code and charter rules, spoke about what our code has to say about "temporary" business signs (I'm pretty sure he even used the term "A-frame").  He was correct when he stated that, according to the city code, it is a code violation for businesses to have a sign of theirs more than 100 feet from their location.  Now we're getting somewhere!  I see changes on the horizon.  A new day is dawning in Hudson, New York!  Lawd have moicy, we is on our way!

The smaller -- though equally unwelcome and inappropriate -- lawn-type sign at the northeast corner of the park appeared at least 9 weeks ago, though I think it may have been a whole lot longer than that.  The event that the sign was still advertising this morning occurred on the 4th of July weekend, just 5 weeks ago.  I removed the sign and discarded it, which Rob Perry or Katherine Kananga should have done at least 9 weeks ago.  Who needs to see this shit?  And how many times in the past 5 weeks did a DPW maintenance laborer mow the grass around that sign and be sure to not remove it to a landfill where it belongs?  Since July 4th, did any DPW laborers pull the sign out of the ground, set it to the side, mow the grass, then replace the sign where it had been?  I guarantee this happened at least once!  I wouldn't be surprised if it happened five times.  Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Then and NOW!

May 16th...