Tuesday, August 25, 2026

It's Just A Matter Of When, Not If, Isn't It? And What Will The Price Be? So Many QUESTIONS!

Six or seven days ago, when I first noticed the new stop sign for westbound traffic on Warren at Park Place, I guessed that it was 8 feet from the curb.  A measurement the following day proved I was exactly right.  I also figured that by the weekend the new sign would be damaged or just knocked over altogether with the new signpost.  I was wrong, so I gave it another week.  

While there is no room on the sidewalk for another sign at that corner, wouldn't installing the sign and post 4, 5, or 6 feet from the curb and stenciling the word STOP in front of the new stop line be more sensible, do the job, and maybe save us money in the long run?  Was it the mayor or Rob Perry who came up with the 8-feet-from-the-curb idea?  

When this week's turning 18-wheeler (or dump truck) continues on its way after destroying mayor Ferris's new stop sign, who is going to pay for the new sign and pole as well as the DPW labor to install them?  The mayor?  And when the second replacement sign and pole are destroyed, who will pay for their replacement?  And the time after that?  What's the going price for a new stop sign and sign pole these days anyway?  Are they still affordable?  Ask the mayor, maybe he knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's Just A Matter Of When, Not If, Isn't It? And What Will The Price Be? So Many QUESTIONS!

Six or seven days ago, when I first noticed the new stop sign  for westbound traffic on Warren at Park Place, I guessed that it was 8 feet f...