Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Is it True That Police Chief Ed Moore Will Be Retiring "Soon"?

Last week, while waiting for City Court to begin, I ran into Police Chief Ed Moore in the hallway.  He had a few interesting things to tell me. 
 

First, he claimed that there was no way to have the Overnight Parking Rule on Prospect Avenue, between Rossman and Warren, because there are both odd and even numbered addresses on the east side of the street.  I asked him why he had emailed me recently claiming that the Overnight Rule did apply there.  After some cajoling on my part, Ed admitted that he had "made a mistake," and that what he emailed me was "wrong."  His officers had informed him of the odd/even problem, he told me. "So where did you get your information from that you emailed me," I asked Ed.  

"That's how I understood it," he responded.

The person in charge of the HPD officers issuing overnight wrong side parking tickets is misinformed about which streets have the rule and which don't.  He doesn't know what his officers know or how they are applying the rule.  I asked Ed if there was a list showing whether or not the rule applied to each street in town.  He said there was not a list, but that it might be helpful if there were one. 

Ed also told me that any vehicle parked in town that is found to have an expired registration sticker can be towed by the city after 48 hours.  If this is true, one wonders for how many more weeks or months the Cadillac with the 2018 registration sticker will remain parked on Prospect Avenue before Ed has it towed.  This is the same Cadillac seen recently on Todd Farrel's property.

We finished our conversation with something I didn't expect or ask about when Ed told me that he would be "retiring soon."  I try not to take anything Ed says anymore as the truth, but that's what he said.  I suppose it could be another one of his mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Dollar Bail? Why Even F'n Bother?

Does trespassing count as "time served"? Before Michael Madison was led out of Hudson City Court on Thursday to return to the coun...