Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Welcome To Hudson! (Time For A Break)

I began HUDseen on February 6th, almost a year ago, with the same heading as above (though without the parenthetical).  It seems that little changes around here, at least for the better.  The rusty and unreadable sign along Route 9G that I first posted about is still there a year later, the same few out of service fire hydrants are still covered in plastic bags as if to beautify the city, our sidewalks continue to worsen, the 8.5 feet wide trailer still takes up one-third of the width of the truck route while parked near TSL, and sidewalks covered in ice and snow by the same property owners over and over are never a surprise.  I could go on and on.  Maybe in a year, if we are lucky, the orange cone trapped on a pole underneath a recently installed parking meter will still be there in front of City Hall, and perhaps Hudseen will provide an updated picture then.  But for now, don't expect as many articles as I have been churning out for the past year.  It's time for me to step back and take a break.  

If something comes along that I feel the need to report on, I will likely do so.  It just won't be a daily effort anymore.   Stay tuned if you can, and thanks for reading even if you despise what I write.  (My favorite comment from an anonymous reader came recently in the form of a simple "SHUT UP!" -- twice, possibly from the same person.  I must have been doing something right, and my break is in no way a reaction to that comment!)

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!  And if you see something that might be appropriate to feature in HUDseen, by all means contact me at huston.bill@gmail.com!   Thanks, be well, and get outside as often and as far away from screens and concrete as you possibly can!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To Hudson, The City of Two-Toned Streets

Our new two-tone Warren Street, still full of cracks.  It appears to be narrower, like some sort of brain teaser.  With two fresh strips of ...